Monday, January 5, 2009

Weekend fun...






With the holidays now behind us...we treated ourselves to dinner on Friday with the girls.  It is always fun to take them out and work on our good manners.  Lu is probably the only 3 yr old that knows that there are actually different types of pastas.  I know it must make her Pops side proud! And Friday she wanted spaghetti and meatballs.  Poor Violet is forced to eat off my plate but she didn't seem to mind and since there was bread she was happy as well.  To fill you in, Lu is fascinated by older adults(gray/white hair women especially)and calls most of them Grandma. While eating dinner she noticed an older couple and they noticed her.  As most of you know, it is impossible at times to turn attention away.  We over heard their server wish them "happy anniversary" so we knew this was a special night for them and we tried hard to keep Lu's eyes off them.  But they weren't helpful and continued to smile and wave to our girls. So when we finished up dinner Jason grabbed Lu and I was getting Violet and the table together I made I eye contact with them.  They smiled and mentioned how much they enjoyed watching our family tonight.  The wife went on about Lu's hair and Violet's eyes and smile.  She said it was a joy to watch us and brought back memories of them with their children.  I explained that Lu was fascinated by older adults and wished them a happy anniversary.  The wife was all smiles and showed me a card her husband had given her....it said "happy 60th anniversary to my wonderful wife".  I was so touched that she would share such a special card with me, a stranger and what a compliment!   I can't imagine how fast 60 yrs must go by...10 yrs for us has been a blink at times.  I imagine they were able to think back on all the chaos that goes on getting a family ready and laugh.  I've been on Jason for a while about making Lemonade when things don't go as we would like.  It's the good things we will remember and the fun of the trip is what it's all about.  So to the couple at "Maggiano's" thank you for the lesson!

Saturday, we were able to have the Cook's over for pizza.  Their daughter and Lu are in dance class.  Mauren has filled some of the void from our Marietta friends.  She and Lu play great together and she is also crazy about Violet.  The big girls are sweet and let Violet has some fun too!

Sunday, Lu and I went to the mall to get my belated birthday coat.  Jason went a few weeks ago and was overwhelmed with styles, colors,etc and left it to me to pick out.   I realized how longs it's been a long time since I have been to the mall.  Lu enjoyed it.  It was a fun trip for us.  She enjoyed perfume on her wrist and a cookie for being so sweet and patient with me for hours of trying coats. 

Also, I have a few pics of the girls...imagine that!  One has a great view of Vi's first little tooth complete with drool.   lots of love

No comments: