Monday, January 26, 2009

40th Anniversary!

















We went to the North Ga Mountains to celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary...we gave them options of a trip or a party and they wanted a trip with all of us!  It is always so special to be with them.  I learned 10 years ago to never waste a minute I have with them!  And now with the girls growing our time together is more precious.  

My parents were sweethearts through high school and then married when my mom was 19 and my dad 20.  They moved to Auburn and he finished school.  I love to hear about their relationship and silly stories still! 

 They have taught me so much as a person and I cherish my friendship with them more than they will ever know.  They have given me so much in life and were the ones to share God's love with me at an early age.  I give them the credit for the person I am today and the foundation of my relationship with God.  I see how God has used them to share with others and how they always have faith whenever there are trials in life.  God always shines and his love is always with them.

My dad joked when Jason and I got married that finally after 30 yrs he had his first son.  And looking at pictures, they now have 3 grand daughters and a new son in law on the way in June.  I guess we picked up the pace a little....

My parents treated the girls to a trip to Babyland General and a new baby.  It was fun for the girls and I know my parents enjoyed it even more.   My mom taught Grace to crochet.  My dad played cards with the girls...we have to watch him though he was teaching them rummy when we thought they were playing 'go fish'.  We made s'mores outside.  And thanks to Jason we had wonderful meals.  The weather was beautiful and we were glad we brought Nesta to join...He was on his best behavior, believe it or not!

I know I have lots of pictures posted but it's hard for me to limit!  I joked with Jason about us making it that far and he said "we've only got 30 more to go!"  

Thank you mom and dad for all you have taught me about being a woman, mother and child of God!  Also, thank you for being wonderful parents and grandparents!  It was a joy to celebrate your 40th anniversary~love you!

3 comments:

The Tennant's said...

Wonderful pics Katy! Happy Anniversary Gene and Lucy! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Angie Goodwin said...

40 years, that's awesome!! We get to celebrate my parents' 40th next year. I can't wait!

The Van Ordens said...

So glad you all had such a fun and sweet family time together!