Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Our tree is up!!!






We went to Hunter Farm and not only picked out our tree but got to see Santa and feed some animals.  Lu had a blast and Violet didn't cry but also couldn't keep her eyes off Santa.  It took us a while but we finally got our tree and decorated.  Lu had a great time helping and was so sweet to listen to my stories.  I know who, where and why for every ornament on our tree.  I love the stories behind and it is a great way to remember people in my life (and now our lives). My parents started buying my sister and I an ornament at Christmas.  As the years have come we still get them and now they get one for each grand daughter.  I started buying them for Lu and now Violet and will continue.  It's a fun tradition to have.  We also always buy one for every trip we go on.  I just love the memories!  

Sweet story to share...Mammy gave me boxes of ornaments before Jason and I got married, she had a hard time putting a tree together as she and Pod got older.  So needless to say, I have old ones.  One in particular is a fairy and Lu just fell in love with it.  I know it would make her day to talk with her about it.  

The rest of our home is coming together, I'll have to get back with pictures! and yes I realize there isn't a picture of our tree!  
Merry Christmas!

No comments: