Saturday, December 20, 2008

And the stockings were hung...well almost!



It's been crazy around here to say the least!  But I am excited that I can hang both girls stockings up.  I have only a few more stitches on completing Miss Vi's...I do not know what I was thinking when I bought her kit!  As you can tell Lu's was simple and I finished hers in no time(granted I was pregnant with her so I didn't have the extra help)  When I found Violet's I just thought it was perfect...it reminded me of Mammy, her namesake who loved to quilt, of course Rasta our cat and then Santa sleeping back to Mammy.  I honestly can say I have never spent so much time on a project.  I will no doubt have great memories each year we put them up...road trips to Marietta and Georgia, Lu and Rasta both helping with the thread and now filling it with her ornament each year.  I posted a picture of both girls...both made by my hands!  And worth every minute~

3 comments:

The Collins said...

so beautiful. bravo!!!

Holly said...

Gavin has the same one as Lu, but his Gigi made his. I'm not so crafty!! My mom made ours, so it is special that she also made Gavin's.

The Hall's said...

The girls are precious and getting so big! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!