Monday, September 22, 2008

PG/Marietta trip










Jason had a business trip to Texas that allowed the girls and I to travel to Pleasant Grove and visit.  The girls had a great time playing with their cousin Grace "gace".  It was great to see some old faces..My good friend Mark and his wife Allison, My aunt Di and uncle Fred, my aunt Gwen,my cousin Kelly and of course my parents and sister. We were able to take the girls to the park, a place I have so many memories with my sister and friends!  As a child it was so fun to visit.  My sister had lots of birthday parties there...and she invited anyone that was there, my parents never knew how many to plan for.  It has changed a lot but still fun.  
My parents treated the girls to a build a bear day...Lu built "Flippy" the tiger and Vi has a Monkey named Bessie.  Of course Lu had influence on the names.  I don't know who enjoyed it more Lu or my parents.  

I was able to enjoy the game with my dad.  The Tigers didn't come through as we hoped but it is always fun to watch a game with him. Sorry dad the victory soup didn't work this time!

Funny story...driving through Birmingham Lu asked "what's that?"  I wasn't sure at the time.  She answered herself by saying "ohh mama that's the city!"  I bet it looked so in her world.   

On the way back through we were also able to stop by the Wilder's...it is fun to see the girls with their cousins and grandparents.

We had a great trip but glad to be back with Nesta and Rasta.  

2 comments:

The Tennant's said...

Sounds like you had a great visit in "the grove"! Love the blog! Jennifer

Landrum Family said...

Your girls are so adorable! I'll have to tell Lorin to check out your blog.